Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Burda easy fashion 06-2006-6A Wrap Dress: Review

Still playing catch-up on my backlog of reviews! Here is another one!
I really need to get someone to take pictures of my clothing on me. It fits me much better than my alter ego since I managed to lose 20lbs. and my alter ego didn´t! lol
I really need to sell this alter ego and go down a size. I would really like to get a pin-able dress form padded to my exact measurements but that is a project for some other time...
IMG_4528

Pattern Description:
Wrap dress

Pattern Sizing:
I cut a 44 but probably could have gotten away with a 42 (especially in the waist).
But the sizing is pretty forgiveable in a knit wrap dress! :-)

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes it did.

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, but I hardly glanced at them and did a few things differently

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
It is a cute pattern!

Fabric Used:
ITY Jersey from fashionfabricsclub.com

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I sewed clear elastic in the neckline to prevent awkward gaping. The stitching is not very good but no one notices!

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
This is my second version and no I will not be posting pictures of the first version (Can we say welcome to Frumpyville, please?), but I might sew it again. I want to try some other wrap dress patterns first. There is one in an old BWOF that I want to try next.

Conclusion:
Nice basic pattern for a classic wrap dress that can be used a base to adapt to your own needs.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Samira, Sigrid has just sent us an email regarding Cidell's visit to NL. Apparently she doesn't have your e-mail, I also can't find it anywhere. If you are interested could you drop us a line? irenebullock1936 (@) gmail . com - Cheers!

    ReplyDelete