Monday, March 14, 2011

Yeah, we have progress!

The cowl neck top in my alternate fabric is nearly done (just needs a hem!) and I am not unhappy with it. Please note that I am not 100% happy either. I have this vision of a certain drapey cowl neck that I can´t seem to duplicate...
But it really isn´t too bad and I know I will wear it. It needs a little taking in at the waist and I am unsure of the length and will decide on that tomorrow.

I also nearly finished the teal pencil skirt: skirt is assembled and lining is assembled, the zipper is inserted. Tomorrow I just need to join the lining to the outer skirt and hem the whole shebang!
That means two almost completed items for my mini-wardrobe with two to go.
Not bad considering tomorrow is halftime!

I have kept busy with other stuff: remember the grimy little chair? Well I tore off the old cover, cut a muslin and just put the last coat of paint on the legs.
And now I am dead tired. I really don´t know why, the weekend was pretty low key.

I doubt, I will get very much done tomorrow because I am meeting two former co-workers for dinner. We try to do this on a regular basis, but life gets in the way quite often, so I am always happy, when we manage to actually get together! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment