Monday, March 7, 2011

Mini-Wardrobe Contest

This is my storyboard for the Mini-Wardrobe Contest over at Pattern Review. I have yet to finish a contest but I have high hopes for this one. I like the idea of creating a wardrobe based on an item already in the closet. And I chose a pair of pants I made a couple of weeks ago (review here). I chose this fabric and color combination because I tend to wear a neutral (brown, black, navy, tan) bottom with solid colored sweaters, cardigans or button-down shirts which makes for very boring office attire. And I desperately want to branch out, both color wise and regarding cuter and more interesting tops. I guess this is a start and I believe that 3 tops and a skirt (albeit lined) are completely doable in about 3 weeks... Ok, watch me eat my words... lol

MiniWardrobe2011Storyboard

The yellow fabric is a dotted swiss cotton for a short sleeve version of BWOF 07-2007-101, the polka dot fabric is a cream and brown cotton crepe for BWOF 03-2008-109 (still thinking about both the fabric and the pattern choice), the crazy print is a poly/lycra jersey for the cowl neck version of the HP 3 Graces shirt and the teal fabric is a subtle floral jaquard destined to be a tulip skirt (BWOF 09-2007-116).

So there. That´s my brain dump regarding the contest!
Progress has been made, I managed to trace the skirt pattern. I really wanted to have the skirt cut out as well but I am soooo tired and the couch seemed soooo comfortable.

But in other news, I did manage to sew a pleated skirt for Carnival tomorrow. Review forthcoming with pictures if I can remember to take them before going out! The construction and fit is slapdashing at it´s best (that is a word, isn´t it?) and I believe this will be a "one time wear"...
We shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment