Friday, March 4, 2011

FO: Clapotis

Wow, I finally finished something! Years after the Clapotis craze I finally knit one for myself...

IMG_4475

Yarn: Madeline Tosh, ToshDK in baltic
4 skeins
Needles: Knitpicks Harmony circular in 6mm
Details and more pictures here.

I am leaving it unblocked, because I really like the way it curls. The yarn is awesome and I will definitely buy more, after I get some of my stash knit up!

I knit the increases and decreases as written and guesstimated the number of repeats of the straight section to use as much of the yarn as possible. Here you see the small amount left (with a bobbin from my sewing machine for size reference).

IMG_4478

I doubt I would have gotten another repeat out it!

Conclusion: I love the pattern and will surely make it again. The slight variegation of the yarn I used is awesome in this pattern. I am thinking of Christmas presents (more as a scarf though, with fewer increases)... Of course it is still waaaay too early to start knitting pressies, right? I have at least another 8 months... hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment