Sunday, March 6, 2011

BWOF 08-2006 Designer Pattern Bogner - Pants

Pattern Description: Fly-front Pants with contoured waistband*

Pattern Sizing:
34-44
I cut a 44

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes!

Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes, except for the fly, but that just might be my brain...

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
I like the classic lines of the patterns and I am always on the lookout for classic dress pants for work that will actually fit.

Fabric Used:
a rayon poly stretch woven in brown with cream pinstripes from www.stoffe.de for €11,99/m. I used 1,5m.

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
on this version I did not alter a thing and it came out too large as you can see in the photos. I would cut a smaller size the next time.
The rise is too high for my taste but the legs are roomy enough for my protruding thighs!
The crotch is too roomy: about 3-4cm can be taken out below the zipper with a dart on the pattern

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I would sew it again, in fact I have. I made that dart below the zipper and cut a 42 in the waist and hips, grading back to a 44 for the legs.
I messed up the fly front on this version big time, so I doubt I will wear it. And I didn´t lower the rise... Oopsie!

Conclusion:
Classic dress pants with a nice enough fit. I most always have to alter patterns and this one was no exception!
Nonetheless, a double thumbs up for this pattern.

*I don´t know, if these Designer Patterns were available in the foreign issues of BWOF. Burda put a Designer Pattern in each magazine for a while. In order to get these you had to pay €5 and send in an order form. You would receive the pattern in the mail a couple weeks later. They were only available for a limited time (if I recall correctly, only the month in which the magazine appeared)

Added after posting over at PR:
This is my first pair of pants that I have actually worn to work without fussing over flaws and will gladly wear again!

No comments:

Post a Comment